Lemon Essential Oil has a powerfully fresh traditional lemon fragrance that is energizing and uplifting. You can diffuse Lemon Oil when trying to clear a room of any unpleasant odor.
According to a study published in the International Journal of Food Microbiology last year, lemon oil may be the most powerful anti-microbial agent of all the essential oils.
Another study published in Experimental Biology and Medicine found that breathing in the scent of lemon essential oils improved neurological activity that promotes the breakdown of body fat.
Lemon oil is one of the most “essential” oils to have on hand and can be used as laundry freshener, in cellulite creams, face wash, and household cleaner.
From what we can tell, Ayurvedic medicine has been using both lemons and lemon essential oil to treat a broad spectrum of health conditions for at least 1,000 years. The health benefits of lemon essential oil have been well established scientifically.
Lemon Oil Benefits
According to Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College assistant professor Dr. J.V. Hebbar, some the benefits of lemon include:
- Cleansing and purification
- Thirst quencher
- Nourishes the skin
- Promotes Weight loss
Lemon and lemon essential oil are also used to decrease cholesterol deposition in the blood vessels and prevent heart disease, according to the same study.
Lemon Essential Oil Uses
As you’d probably expect, there is a laundry list of lemon oil uses in addition to all of these medicinal effects.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Laundry – If you leave your laundry sitting in the washer too long, just add a few drops of lemon oil, and your clothes will smell fresh and vibrant.
- Clean Hands – Got greasy hands from working on your car or bike, and regular soap isn’t doing the trick? No worries, just add a couple of drops of lemon essential oil with your soap and get your clean hands back!
- Natural Disinfectant – Want to steer away from alcohol and bleach to disinfect your countertops and clean your moldy shower? Add 40 drops lemon oil and 20 drops tea tree oil to a 16-oz spray bottle fill with pure water (and a little bit of white vinegar) for a traditional cleaning favorite.
- Face-wash – Lemon essential oil uses for skin can enhance your complexion and leave your skin soft and supple. Lemon oil benefits the skin by deeply nourishing it. You can mix lemon oil with baking soda and honey for a natural acne free face wash.
- Wood and Silver Polish – A lemon oil-soaked cloth will also help spruce up your tarnished silver jewelry! Lemon oil for wood cleaning is also great.
- Goo-Be-Gone – Un-stick the sticky goo your kids leave behind with stickers and gum with lemon oil.
- Improves Mood – Diffusing lemon essential oil in the air can lift mood and help soothe your brain.
- Immune Support – Lemon oil can support lymphatic drainage and help you overcome a cold fast, mix it with coconut oil and rub it on your neck.
=== split content ===
=== split content ===