SWEET ALMOND OIL
Almond oil has been extracted and used for its numerous health and beauty benefits for millennium. Archaeologists and historians believe that the almond tree—native to the Middle East—was originally domesticated in the Mediterranean region around 4000 B.C. Commonly referred to as the “King of Nuts,” almond’s popularity spread throughout the world over the centuries, and its modern day uses are more diverse than ever. Particularly when used as carrier oil, this nutrient-rich, scientifically established delight touts a number of impressive skin and hair-specific benefits.
Almond oil is naturally loaded with Vitamin E, proteins, monounsaturated fat, Zinc, potassium and a rich variety of other life-affirming vitamins and minerals—all of which are critical to skin, hair and nail health. Although almond oil is available in two popular varieties, bitter and sweet, sweet almond oil is derived from edible almonds (Prunus amygdalus var. dulcis) and considered preferable for a wide range of cosmetic and therapeutic applications including:
- CREATING A SMOOTH, SOFT COMPLEXION—almond oil is considered mild and safe for regular application---even on baby skin or other highly sensitive skin types. Hypoallergenic and ultra-smooth, it is efficiently absorbed by the skin when gently rubbed on and is ideal for application following a bath or shower. Almond oil emits a sweet, nutty fragrance that is highly enjoyable while protecting skin from damaging UV rays and oxidative stress. More impressively, regular application helps create a smooth, supple complexion that is cotton soft and porcelain clear.
- REDUCING DARK CIRCLES AND DISCOLORED PATCHES—almond oil is renowned for reducing dark under-eye circles. In as little as two weeks, regular application every night before bed can totally banish puffy, unsightly under-eye circles and bags— leading to a major boost in confidence. Although moderate sun exposure is considered healthy, excessive sun exposure can irritate the skin and cause blisters or burns. Almond oil helps provide speedy relief and reduce the duration of damage to sun-affected areas.
- DEEP CLEANSING AND DETOXIFICATION—Almond oil’s light texture makes it ideal for deep penetration and pore cleansing. Almond oil naturally helps extract dirt and other environmental toxins from deep inside the pores and hair follicles. This cleansing process, along with its elevated Vitamin A content, helps prevent the formation of acne, blackheads, and other skin abnormalities. Almond oil is equally gentle and proficient as a makeup remover without subjecting the skin to the harsh chemical additives found in standard cosmetic varieties.
- FIGTING ECZEMA, PSORIASIS AND SKIN RASHES—internal triggers and environmental assailants all directly impact skin health and appearance. In many people, encounters with these unwelcome invaders leave the skin feeling dry, itchy and tender and make it look visibly irritated. In some cases, the skin becomes inflamed or infected simply by coming into regular contact with clothing—particularly in extreme temperatures such as peak of summer (sweating) or dead of winter (chaffing). Although itching and scratching are the body’s natural reaction, both only make matters worse and can lead to open, infected lesions. Fortunately, almond oil helps put out the fire and expedite the healing of infected areas.
- REDUCING FINE LINES, WRINKLES, AND ADDITIONAL SIGNS OF AGE—as we age, the gift of plump, smooth, elastic skin is threatened by gravity, stress (emotional and oxidative), and exposure to the elements. Over time, collagen—a structural protein—begins to break down, resulting in thinner skin and a hollower, more wrinkled complexion. Although the breakdown of skin is an unavoidable part of aging, regular use of almond oil can help slow down the clock and, in some cases, turn back the hands of time. Almond oil’s Vitamin E rich composition helps repair visible damage, prevents oxidative stress, and provides amino acids necessary for new collagen formation. At the same time, it helps prevent dehydration and deeply nourishes the complexion for a more radiant, youthful glow.
- IMPROVING HAIR AND NAIL APPEARANCE AND HEALTH—almond oil is naturally rich in all of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients necessary to preserve and maintain sexy, healthy hair and nails. To a certain extent, hair loss is a normal part of living. In fact, the average human being loses approximately 100 strands of hair daily. Usually this doesn’t affect volume as new, healthy hair replaces the missing strands. However, the presence of nutrient deficiencies, internal stressors, hormonal imbalances, and environmental toxins create a climate in which the loss may be permanent and lead to a significant reduction in volume. When used regularly, almond oil helps prevent this process and stimulates new, healthy hair growth. Almond oil also deeply nourishes the scalp and hair follicles and rehydrates dry, damaged hair that may be suffering from breakages or split ends. The same vitamin and mineral deficiencies that lead to damaged hair create poor nail health. Almond oil’s abundant Vitamin B ratio help prevent thin, chipped nails and related-breakages.
In addition to this diverse list of benefits, almond oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy, massage therapy, and a variety of other alternative healing modalities. Whether you are new to the world of essential and carrier oils, or a seasoned aficionado—almond oil offers truly exceptional cosmetic and therapeutic benefits. It blends seamlessly with select essential oils, is a time-tested, scientifically supported source of key nutrients, and smells like a dream when diffused or directly applied.
*This statement herein has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.