10 Interesting Facts About Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil is well known for its aromatherapy, skin care and health benefits. This oil is extracted from the leaves of the Eucalyptus Globulus tree through a chemical-free, double distillation process. This ensures the greatest level of purity, allowing you to maximize the benefits of this powerful essential oil. Before you add this essential oil to your natural remedy toolkit, take a look at these 10 interesting facts about eucalyptus oil:
1. Eucalyptus oil works as an expectorant and purifier for those who have congestion from a cold or flu. Using this oil in a diffuser can help you clear your breathing, improve sleep, and ease the discomforts of being ill.
2. This oil has powerful antimicrobial properties that make it effective for cleaning surfaces in your home. Use it in your homemade cleaner to help kill harmful bacteria in your kitchen, bathroom, and other areas of the house.
3. Eucalyptus oil is also used to sooth tired and sore muscles. You can add this oil to your favorite carrier oil to create a gentle and soothing massage oil to use on problem areas like your back or neck.
4. Eucalyptus helps you wake up! If you’re feeling a bit tired or suffering from jet lag, use eucalyptus oil topically or aromatically to reawaken the body with its sweet and refreshing aroma.
5. You can also use eucalyptus to cool down. When the heat gets to be too much or you just want to relax and cool off a bit, create a cooling spray to spritz on the body by adding a couple drops of eucalyptus and peppermint oils to water.
6. This essential oil can also help remove stains on the surface of fabrics. Before you apply, make sure to dilute with water and test to see if it is compatible with the fabric blend by applying a small amount in an inconspicuous spot.
7. Keep your laundry smelling fresh with eucalyptus oil. Eucalyptus can refresh clothing and shoes that are not smelling too fresh and help prevent future odors. Dilute with water and test an area of the clothing or shoe before applying.
8. Eucalyptus can help promote scalp and hair health. Add a few drops of this essential oil to coconut oil and apply to the scalp and hair. The oil will cleanse and refresh the scalp while also relieving any itchy skin and treating dandruff.
9. Eucalyptus essential oil also works for wound treatment. This oil has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that can help treat wounds, cuts, burns, sores, and bug bites. It works as a natural pain reliever and keeps the wound from getting infected, speeding the healing process.
10. Eucalyptus oil also has positive psychological benefits. By using the oil as part of aromatherapy, some people have found the oil to help them regain their desire to be well and love and care from themselves.
Are you ready to experience the beneficial effects of eucalyptus essential oil? Majestic Pure provides the best quality products, and all of our oils are 100% pure, natural, and therapeutic grade with no additives or dilution. If you are going to apply the oil topically, you will need to use a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil in order to prepare the skin for the essential oil.