Essential oils are plant extracts that possess generous goodness-filled qualities that transform your everyday life for the better. From enhancing the ambiance, therapeutic massage, household uses, skincare to diffuser blends, there is an essential oil naturally customized for your desired purpose.
Because of their massive popularity, countless essential oil recipes are readily available for your wellness, aromatic, and beauty care needs. With so many options, it is difficult to collect each and every essential oil recommended by different sources. In such a situation, instead of trying something else or breaking the budget, pick an essential oil substitute you already have in your collection.
This guide has enlisted essential oil substitutes that you can use based on similar scents, effects, and traits.
Essential Oil Substitutes For Skincare
Essential oils have been a cosmetic mainstay for quite some time now. They are used as staple ingredients in many skincare formulations for enhancing skin wellness. You can use them to soothe acne, smooth the texture, brighten the complexion, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and improve the overall glow and radiance. Above all, essential oils have strong antioxidant properties that support a youthful and supple look for a long time.
Try out the following essential oils for tackling your skin concerns:
- Acne: Tea Tree Oil/ Peppermint Oil/ Lemon Oil
- Dull Complexion: Lavender Oil/ Frankincense Oil/ Orange Oil
- Irritations: Eucalyptus Oil/ Rose Oil/ Geranium Oil
- Soft Texture: Rosemary Oil/ Ylang Ylang Oil/ Tangerine Oil
Also Read: What Are Essential Oils And Why We Use Them?
Essential Oil Substitutes For Haircare
Your scalp skin suffers from similar kinds of concerns as your facial skin. Factors like impurities, bacteria, free radicals, dryness, and environmental aggressors disturb follicles’ natural growth cycle and strength. By introducing essential oils’ fortifying and cleansing effects into your hair care routine, you can encourage visibly shinier, silkier, and smoother strands and refreshed scalp.
Here is the list of essential oils known to promote strong hair:
- Scalp Itchiness: Tea Tree Oil/ Eucalyptus Oil/ Peppermint Oil
- Rough and Damaged Hair: Rosemary Oil/ Lavender Oil/ Sandalwood Oil
- Shineless Strands: Clary Sage Oil/ Lemongrass Oil/ Cedarwood Oil
- Dryness and Irritations: Tea Tree Oil/ Thyme Oil/ Bergamot Oil
Essential Oil Substitutes For Positive Ambiance
A home is a place where you find comfort away from the chaos of the world. The atmosphere of your space makes all the difference in helping you achieve a relaxed state of mind. For that, diffusing essential oils is a perfect way. Essential oils’ aromas with their therapeutic properties help you unwind, ease, and prepare for an optimistic and calm mood. Or, if you want to create a cheerful and upbeat ambiance, many essential oils give off refreshingOild uplifting scents. These are your essential oil options for your preferred aromatic needs:
- Promote Sleep: Lavender Oil/ Neroli Oil/ Chamomile Oil
- Emotional Composure: Frankincense Oil/ Ylang Ylang Oil/ Tangerine Oil
- Energic Atmosphere: Orange Oil/ Eucalyptus Oil/ Peppermint Oil
- Encourage Relaxation: Clary Sage Oil/ Vetiver Oil/ Bergamot Oil
Essential Oil Substitutes For Comforting Massage
There is no better way to ease stressed muscles and joint stiffness than a comforting massage. While your muscles and joints get their agility and vigor back with the relaxing effects of essential oils, your skin receives a much-needed hydration boost. Massage therapy is an ultimate self-care treat that one can use to rest and restart before the next day’s challenges.
In the following list are a few fantastic essential oils substitutes for massage.
- Comfort Sore Muscles: Rosemary Oil/ Lavender Oil/ Eucalyptus Oil
- Ease Joint Stiffness: Ginger Oil/ Turmeric Oil/ Frankincense Oil
- Unwind After Workout: Cinnamon Oil/ Chamomile Oil/ Rosemary Oil
- Calm Bodily Aches: Clove Oil/ Peppermint Oil/ Helichrysum Oil
Essential Oil Substitutes Based On Aroma Families
For aromatherapy, you pick an oil based on its fragrant character and the olfactory experience it gives. An essential oil substitute for earthy notes is earthy, and citrus notes are citrus. We diffuse citrus oils for a stimulating and energetic effect, while earthy scents promote a sense of balance and composure. Similarly, different aroma families offer a unique aromatherapy experience according to your choice.
Below is the list of essential oil substitutes based on their fragrant notes:
- Citrus: Bergamot Oil/ Lemon Oil/ Grapefruit Oil
- Floral: Jasmine Oil /Rose Oil / Ylang Ylang Oil
- Herbaceous: Tea Tree Oil/ Thyme Oil/ Eucalyptus Oil
- Minty: Spearmint Oil/ Peppermint Oil/ Wintergreen Oil
- Spicy: Basil Oil/ Cinnamon Oil/ Clove Oil
- Earthy: Sandalwood Oil/ Frankincense Oil/ Pine Oil
PS: It is important you use essential oils after dilution for skin and hair care. This is because essential oils are highly concentrated liquids that may cause sensitivity and skin irritations.
=== split content ===
=== split content ===