Knowing your skin type is an essential step to building a good skincare routine. Without understanding the needs and concerns of your skin according to its type, you cannot make the choice of the right products. Our body’s protective and resilient barrier—skin is as sensitive and complex as any other vital organ. It is constantly guarding everything inside you from everything around you. Using procedures, treatments, and products that don’t suit your skin type not only affects its beauty but also harms its defensive abilities.
Learning how your skin responds to certain ingredients and adapts in different seasons would help keep it smooth, radiant, and healthy. With that said, to determine what kind of skin you have and how to take care of it, you can do some tests.
The two easy and simple methods to identify your skin type are:
The Bare Face Method
Wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat dry. Do not apply any other products afterward. After 30 minutes, you can find out your skin type by observing the following factors:
- If there is a noticeable and shine on your nose and forehead, you have combination skin.
- If you see oiliness and shine on your chin, cheeks, nose, and forehead, your skin type is oily.
- If your skin feels tight and dried when you smile or make facial expressions, you have dry skin.
The Blotting Sheet Method
Clean your face with a mild cleanser and let it dry. Take a blotting sheet and place it on different areas of your face. Let the paper absorb the oils on your face and then hold it against light to notice:
- If there is little to no oil on the sheet, your skin type is dry.
- If oil is visible on the forehead and nose areas, you have combination skin.
- If the sheet picks oil from all over the face and looks saturated, you have an oily skin type.
How to Take Care of All Skin Types?
Excess of everything is bad, and in the case of oily skin, it is sebum that goes into overdrive. Although sebum, the natural oil produced by the body, is responsible for maintaining a radiant complexion and soft, smooth texture. Yet, its overproduction clogs pores, gives rise to redness, and eventually becomes the root cause of pimples and blackheads. The other issue you would tackle is a constant shiny and greasy appearance. But the good news is, oily skin remains young and supple for a long time. It is less prone to wrinkles and early signs of aging.
How to Take Care Of Oily Skin
- Cleanse your skin regularly
- Apply a toner to balance moisture
- Incorporate clay masks into your routine
- Use lightweight moisturizers
- Exfoliate with gentle ingredients
The soothing, gentle, and intensely hydrating Acnea3 Face Wash removes impurities without drying out the skin and gives you a refreshingly clean complexion and soft feeling texture.
Dry skin is more prone to sensitivity, itchiness, and irritations. It may even feel tight, rough, and flaky most of the time. The main factors behind skin dryness are genetics, environment, diet and lifestyle, hormonal imbalance, and climate. Generally, drinking sufficient water and staying hydrated is beneficial to maintain the skin’s hydration levels. However, topical treatments play an essential role to soothe dryness and improve moisture retention.
How to Take Care of Dry Skin
- Shower with warm water instead of hot water
- Limit your shower time to 5-10 minutes
- Use mild and hydrating cleansers
- Avoid frequent face washing
- Apply moisturizers with thick and heavy consistency (preferably ointments and creams) right after using a cleanser
- Make exfoliation part of your skincare routine to increase cell turnover
Tea Tree Oil Face Cream with ceramides, shea butter, and of course pure tea tree essential delivers a boost of hydration and freshness to dry and lackluster skin. It helps calm acne breakouts and promotes an even tone complexion.
Combination skin has a mind of its own. It may feel glossy and oily in some spots and extremely dry and flaky in others. In simple words, combination skin is a little bit of both oily and dry skin types. Taking care of this multifaceted skin type is not the easiest. You have to be careful with the selection of products to regulate the hydration levels. Spot treatment is your best bet. It is all about learning the art of mixing and matching products to take care of combination skin.
How to Take Care of Combination Skin
- Use an oil-balancing cleanser
- Add a skin toner to your regimen
- Remove excess oils with blotting pads
- Apply non-drying masks
- Exfoliate with care
With hydrating powers of green tea, the softening ability of mint extract, and exfoliating benefits of kaolin clay, the Green Tea Mint Mud Mask leaves your skin feeling smooth and firm. The antioxidant-rich ingredients in this mask support your skin resilience.
Building a skincare routine is not a one-time thing. Your skin’s needs and concerns change over time, and it would require constant looking after to preserve its beauty and health. Keep your skin’s present condition in check and make adjustments in your beauty regimen accordingly. Majestic Pure’s vast array of skincare products made with safe, pure, and natural ingredients work only for your skin’s best interests. Visit our shop to get the right product for your skin type.
=== split content ===
=== split content ===